Export control

There are some limitations and restrictions on sending data, materials, or equipment to an international collaborator. Consult this guide to Determine When Export Control Laws Apply. Contact the Export Control Manager if you need further assistance.

Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs)

To provide materials to an international partner, consult the Office of Technology Management’s Guidance on Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs) and follow the instructions to submit an MTA Request Form.


To get help with customs requirements when shipping materials, consult Resource Management’s Import/Export guidance.

Data transfer

In order to submit a request for a Data Transfer Agreement to provide data to an international partner, consult the Data Sharing and Transfer Guidance.


export control manager
Material Transfer Agreements (MTA)
data transfer agreements