The McDonnell Academy Global Energy & Environment Partnership
The consortium of 28 universities and corporate partners work together on energy, environmental and sustainability research, education and operations. MAGEEP’s mission is to collectively identify and collaboratively tackle important global energy and environmental challenges in an integrated and holistic manner. The goals of MAGEEP are to:
- promote collaborative projects in various aspects of energy and environment with seed funding
- provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and promote interactions via international symposia
- explore opportunities for sustaining research collaborations by collaboratively funding initiatives
- enable shared educational experiences
- establish best practices in campus operations
The consortium grew out of the first McDonnell Academy symposium in 2007. Partner schools collaborate on research with the goal of accelerating findings that will help meet worldwide needs for energy and a clean environment.