It’s not just the friendly service, but also the quality of the products that make The Foundry’s treats stand out: the red bean bun is made with actual ground beans, and the pineapple gems have real fresh fruit, for example.
Following graduation, Huong Pham, McDonnell alumnus, pursued a position as a strategy analyst for a dairy company in Ho Chih Min City, Vietnam. She later returned to the U.S. and to St. Louis, opening The Foundry Bakery with her husband. Their store services enthusiastic patrons, sampling the tea latte’s, sweet and savory breads and juices offered at their Asian bakery.
Huong and her husband Ray Yeh, also a WashU alum, have provided sweet treats from The Foundry Bakery for one of the McDonnell Academy Welcome Dinners held at the Missouri History Museum. The pineapple cakes were at each setting as a take-home gift, but many attendees were compelled to sample the delicious treat before leaving the event. They also provided all the delicious pastries for the welcome BBQ this past summer at the Academy apartments. There were no leftovers!
Huong and Ray are showing extra appreciation for the McDonnell Academy during this shared crisis by offering a discount to McDonnell Scholars, along with scheduled free delivery to the Academy apartments. The details are below.
- Foundry Bakery Online Menu
- 15% discount code: MISA15
- Include your cohort year in the special instruction section: Cohort YYYY
- Delivery Time: Wednesday and Saturday at 3:00 pm | Place order by 3:00 pm the previous day
- Delivery Locations:
- McDonnell Academy apartments Common Room (Please pick-up your food, and return to your unit. No more than 10 people should gather at one time.)
- Delivery to individual scholars who live in U City, Clayton, Richmond Heights and Central West End
- Gift card option available and redeemable on the website
- Contact the bakery with special requests in the special instruction section
In an article in St. Louis Magazine featuring bakeries representative of countries far and wide, the reviewer noted,
What makes the bread most remarkable is the unique crumb which is tender and has a wonderful unexpected bounce to it. It is unlike any other bread in St. Louis.
Huong and Ray are often told by their customers about the “best of” lists where their bakery has been featured. Read more in the articles below.
- Eat This, Not That The best bakery in every state
- MSN | Lifestyle The bakery with the best bread in every state
- USA Today Best coffee shops in each state, according to Yelp
Contact The Foundry Bakery
Instagram: @foundrybakery | Facebook: @thefoundrybakery