Information in the travel section is intended to provide our visiting & local guests with a comprehensive guide that addresses the many logistical details related to participation in the McDonnell Academy’s 8th International Symposium at Washington University in St. Louis.
The McDonnell Academy is pleased to partner with the Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta St. Louis to accommodate guests of the symposium. Exclusive rates available October 4, 2020 – October 14, 2020. Rates, information, booking process, and cancellation policies are subject to change.
The Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta St. Louis is conveniently located near Washington University’s Danforth and Medical School campuses, and offers a distinctive guest experience that celebrates the rich history of St. Louis in the heart of St. Louis! Often called “a city within a city”, the hotel artfully blends old and new, delivers superior hospitality, contemporary conveniences, and luxury amenities while appreciating the importance of value.
View the St. Louis City map to explore the Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta St. Louis location in proximity to cultural attractions and sites.
Rates & General Information
- King room – $159 (USD) / night (group rate available from October 4th – check-in through October 14th – check-out)
- Rate is inclusive of basic wireless internet access.
- Rate is not inclusive of hotel and government taxes (approximately 17.30 tax rate).
- Check-in: 4:00pm / Check-out: 12:00pm
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must occur at least 24 hours prior to check-in date to avoid charge of 1 room night and tax.
- It is highly recommended that an additional hotel night be booked if early check-in or late check-out are needed due to flight times.Rooms are not guaranteed to be available before check-in and/or check check-out. Depending upon availability, check-out may be extended until 6:00pm at 50% of the per night room rate. If departure occurs after 6:00pm, the full nightly rate will be assessed.
- Other restrictions not listed may apply; space is limited.
Reservations & Payments
- Guests are responsible for securing their own reservations directly through the hotel except when otherwise indicated. A valid credit card is required to reserve a room. Settlement of charges for room nights, taxes, and any incidentals does not occur until check-out.
- Reservations can be made online or via phone.
- Room availability and/or special rates will be available until the depletion of the room block or September 30th, whichever occurs first. For this reason, it is highly recommended that reservations be made well in advance. The cancellation policies below apply once reservations are confirmed.
- To modify bookings after the initial reservation is made, the hotel must be contacted directly via phone. The reservation number is required.
- Room reservations needed for dates not included in the room block must be made directly with the hotel.
01-314-633-3000. Enter 1 for Reservations. Provide the reservationist the following code: 1008MCDONN.
Cancellations must be received at least 24 hours prior to scheduled arrival or one-night room and tax charges will be assessed to the credit card provided upon request for accommodations. Cancellations must be made via the hotel.
All participants requiring a visa are strongly encouraged to consult an official entity of the U.S. Department of State or authorized processing service in their region for specific guidelines and application procedures. Information provided to assist with the process of obtaining a U.S. visa to attend the 2020 McDonnell Academy symposium is for informational purposes only.
Individuals who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents traveling to the U.S. for the purposes of temporarily conducting business, such as attending conference, may require an appropriate visa.
If a letter of invitation to attend the 2020 McDonnell Academy symposium is required as part of your U.S. visa application, please submit your request using the form in the link below.
Arriving and Departing St. Louis
Local taxi services, Uber and Lyft rides, and private car services are available to transfer visitors to St. Louis between Lambert-St. Louis International Airport and local destinations such as the Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta St. Louis Hotel and WashU’s Danforth Campus in University City. Visiting participants are responsible for independently securing airport transfers.
Taxis are readily available outside of the baggage claim areas at Terminals 1 and 2 around the clock. To return to the airport via taxi, a local service must be contacted via phone or advance reservations must be made online. Guests of the hotel can arrange for services with the assistance of the front desk. Taxi rides between the airport and University City area are approximately $40 each direction.
Uber or Lyft rides can be requested via the Uber and Lyft apps; pick-up locations at the airport are typically outside of baggage claim areas at each terminal (1 or 2).
Private/chauffeured car services can be arranged through our recommended vendor, Best Transportation of St. Louis. All reservations must be made well in advance via phone or through the online reservation system. For more information and to arrange services visit Best Transportation.
For helpful information on local transportation services, visit Fly STL.
Transportation to Campus for Conference Events & Sessions
Symposium sessions and events will be held in various locations on the Washington University in St. Louis campus and the St. Louis area. Shuttle transportation will be provided daily to participants. Further details, including shuttle schedules, will be available closer to the start of the symposium. Please check back for updates.
Parking will be available to visitors to WashU’s campus and other venues where Symposium events will be held. Further details will be available closer to the start of the Symposium. Please check back for updates.