Washington University School of Law in St. Louis will host the International Law Weekend – Midwest Regional conference Sept. 19-21.
The conference, in conjunction with the American Branch of the International Law Association and the International Association of Penal Law (American National Section), brings together legal practitioners, scholars and students to discuss cutting-edge issues in public and private international law.
The theme for this year’s conference is “The Legal Challenges of Globalization: A View from the Heartland”, and the panels presented at the conference will address a broad range of topics, emphasizing the impact of international law and globalization on the Midwest.
Conference panel discussions include:
- Careers in International Law
- Cross-border Regionalism and the Public-Private Divide
- International Contract Farming (UNIDROIT)
- International Criminal Justice
- International Human Rights
- The Kiobel Case
- Local Efforts in Climate Change
- Private International Law
- Space and Cyber Law
- South China Sea
This event is free and open to the public; however, registration is recommended. To register and view a full list of speakers, visit the School of Law website.