Travel Registry

The International Travel Registry is a secure website with WUSTLKey access on which faculty, staff and students are asked to record travel itineraries and emergency contact information. The Registry allows WUSTL to better assist its faculty, staff and students in emergencies or times of crisis.

The Registry is a convenient, one-stop service that supports emergency communications, access to travel-abroad health insurance, and more. University faculty, staff, and students are expected to register when traveling abroad for academic, business or any other university-related purpose. In some cases, the university requires registration. Please see below for more information.

Why should I sign up with the travel registry?

In addition to the requirements outlined in the University’s International Travel Policy, the International Travel Registry is a source of information about several critical services:

Emergency Communications

In the event of an emergency, the  safety, health, security, and related information you log within the International Travel Registry will be consulted. Where possible, Washington University will connect you with support resources.

Health Insurance

The International Travel Registry provides information on travel abroad health resources and insurance. Students, faculty, and staff are covered by International SOS. Supplemental travel insurance, such as HTH is also recommended.

Who needs to register with the Travel Registry?

In accordance with the university’s international travel policy, you are required to register your complete itinerary and contact information if you are:

  • An undergraduate student participating in university-sponsored program or experience abroad;
  • A graduate or professional student traveling on university-funded or university-related business, field study, research, conference attendance, internship or study abroad program.
  • A student traveling, for any academic or other WUSTL-associated purpose, to a country where the ITOC has determined that a signed waiver is required; or
  • A faculty or staff member, or a student, leading groups that include students.

Please Note: Schools, colleges and other university units may have additional travel registration requirements. Please check with your department for more information. Programs affiliated with the offices below are automatically included in the International Travel Registry and do not need to register a second time:

  • Office of Overseas Programs in the College of Arts & Sciences
  • Office of International Programs in the Olin Business School

Who is authorized to use the Travel Registry?

The university requires registration in certain circumstances. In all cases, university faculty, staff, and students are expected to register when traveling abroad for academic, business or any other university-related purpose. Some members of the International Travel Oversight Committee (ITOC) as well as the staff in the Overseas Programs office have access to view the names listed in the International Travel Registry.

Can administrators register travel on behalf of individuals or groups?

At this point, by using your wustl key to log in, the travel registry system cannot support registration by proxy. It is important for travelers to self-register.